Contents on this web site (below the domain of http://flas.waseda.jp/flas/jcs/) are designed to allow more users to use information on this site,
in view of various usage environments and physical characteristic of them with due consideration to web accessibility.
To be more precise, “JIS X8341-3: Guidelines for older persons and persons with disabilities -Information and communications equipment, software and services- Part 3: Web contents” was adopted as a guideline for the web design.
[Waseda University: Web Accessibility Policy (extraction)]
Standard and technical specifications
- Comply with “JIS X8341-3: Guidelines for older persons and persons with disabilities -Information and communications equipment, software and services- Part 3: Web contents”.
- Describe pages with HTML, CSS, and other technical systems for web creation,
according to the grammar recommended by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
- Include an appropriate document type declaration with DOCTYPE.
- Make proper structures and groups for handling information.
- Use page titles that allow users to identify contents of each page.
- Provide a consistent and basic navigation in the total site.
- Attach an “alt” attribute to images so that users can understand detail of them correctly.
- Use proper colors to enhance contrast between background and characters.
- Specify the language used with “lang” attribute.
Although some pages, which had been created before this policy was established,
do not satisfy all requirements here, they will be improved so that more people can understand vast information easily.
The following web browsers are recommended for browsing this website (below the domain of http://flas.waseda.jp/flas/jcs/).
Although the pages were designed to prevent changes in format and lack of information in any viewing environment of users, some old browsers may change layouts and displayed information becomes disorganized.
Please use the latest version of the browser if possible in order to peruse this website in a better way.
[Recommended browsers] For Microsoft Windows users:
Internet Explorer5.5 or higher, Firefox1.0 or higher, Netscape7.0 or higher
For Apple Macintosh users:
Internet Explorer5.2 or higher, Firefox1.0 or higher, Safari1.0 or higher, Netscape7.0 or higher
is open to the public. Links for profit making are not allowed.
- Contact School of Culture, Media and Society, Waseda University first, before linking this site with yours.
- The link conditions are subject to change without notice. Please note in advance that you must comply to new conditions in that case.
- The School of Culture, Media and Society of Waseda University accepts no responsibility for any compensation claim, complaint, or demand against sites linked to this site from any third party.
- The School of Culture, Media and Society of Waseda University accepts no responsibility for any information about Waseda University’s site, which is described in third parties’ sites linking to Waseda University’s site.
- No link from any site including mental abuse or defamation to Waseda University will be accepted.
- No link from any site including contents that offend (or may offend) public order and morals will be accepted.
No link from any site that blurs the original source of the contents of Waseda University
(pages browsed by the frame structure, or other ways) will be accepted.
This website (below the domain of http://flas.waseda.jp/flas/jcs/) has some contents needing plug-ins for animation, motion pictures, and PDFs. To view these contents, the following plug-ins must be installed:
Basic policies about the top page of the Faculty of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- The contents should be not only for students of Waseda University, but also for the population at large.
Symposiums, lectures, or events should be free of charge,
or only actual cost or document cost should be charged for them (they should not be commercial projects).
- An organizer or co-host should belong to Waseda University.
- Links should be available. (However, PDF files and contents that ignore the site policy will not be accepted.)
Announcements for concerned parties of Waseda University will be placed in “Notices” of the portal site.